FTire Product Suite
The Tire Simulation Software Suite FTire consists of its main product FTire/core, the 3D flexible structure virtual tire with dedicated solver extensions, the standalone product FTire/fit for parameter identification out of measurements and FTire/sim a fast and efficient tire dynamics and road-related simulation toolkit.
In addition users are provided with the powerful cosin/tools to handle FTire data and cosin Road Data DRM enabling digital rights management and road data encryption.
- Detailed fully nonlinear 3D tire structure deformation model covering all frequencies up to 250 Hz and higher
- Brush-type dynamic tread-road contact model with a resolution below 1 mm. Optional use of geometrical tread patterns is supported
- Tire imperfection models including tread gauge variation, imbalance effects, conicity and non-uniformity
- Optional misuse contact elements like rim-to-belt (bottoming), sidewall-to-road, and rim-to-road
- Solver extensions for tread wear, bulk and tread surface temperature, air volume vibration, flexible rim, and deformable road
- cosin’s digital road models supporting rigid, flexible, time-invariant or time-variant road surfaces, and 3rd-party user-written road descriptions, e.g. OpenCRG, RDF, etc.
- Comprehensive tools for parameter editing, validation as well as statics, steady-state, modal, and linearization analyzes
- Online animation of detailed belt deformation, pressure distribution, and road surface attributes
- Interface to arbitrary user-defined FE-based rim flexibility models
- Interface to user-defined soft-soil and flexible road surface models
- Multi-core system enabled solver
- Solver extension for realtime execution on selected platforms
- Comprehensive parameter identification tool
What is unique?
- FTire predicts complex tire phenomena on a strictly mechanical and thermo-dynamical basis. It provides much more reliable results than any purely mathematical curve approximation ever can.
- FTire features powerful model parameterization tools and scripted simulation prospects. In addition it comes with online monitoring, result analysis, and reporting capabilities as well as advanced pre- and post-processing features.
- Re-use of the same high-quality tire models throughout the entire tool chain and the whole development process, from the office, over HiL to the testbed systems across all departments.
- Even a full featured FTire structural dynamics model can run under hard realtime conditions.
- Documentation: Technical documentation of the FTire model, including a comprehensive list of all model data
- Parameterization: Proposed set of experiments to be carried out for the parameterization of FTire
- Cosin Tire Interface (CTI): API reference and documentation
- Download product brochure
For more information see the documentation page.