CAE Software Compatibility
FTire can easily be linked to customer-specific vehicle dynamics software; a simple and proven interface is available. cosin Tire Interface (CTI), designed as a state-of-the-art API, is an alternative to the limited capabilities of TYDEX/STI.
CTI is lean, logical, easy-to-use, well defined, numerically robust. It works in C, C++, and Fortran. CTI is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. It provides plug-in technology for user-written libraries in several different levels.
CTI comes in two versions: the standard one, which links FTire’s libraries dynamically to the calling application, and a client/server version, to use a remote FTire compute server via a network connection.
CAE software interfaces
Available and validated FTire interfaces to 3rd-party software (listed in alphabetical order):
- Abaqus (Dassault Systèmes)
- Adams, Adams/Car (MSC Software)
- ASM Vehicle Dynamics/ASM on SCALEXIO (dSPACE)
- ANSA (BETA CAE Systems)
- CarMaker/TruckMaker/MotorcycleMaker (IPG)
- CarSim/TruckSim/BikeSim (Mechanical Simulation)
- cosin/mbs (cosin scientific software)
- Dymola (Dassault Systèmes)
- DYNA4, veDYNA, enDYNA (Tesis GmbH)
- GT-Suite (Gamma Technologies)
- LMS Imagine.Lab Amesim (Siemens)
- LMS Virtual.Lab Motion (Siemens)
- MATLAB/Simulink (Mathworks)
- MotionSolve (Altair)
- PAM-CRASH (ESI)
- RecurDyn (FunctionBay)
- SamTech (Siemens)
- SIMPACK (Dassault Systèmes)
- Vehicle Dynamics Library (Modelon)
- VI-CarRealTime/VI-CarRealTime on VI-DriveSim (VI-grade)
FTire has been connected to some more solvers by users. However, being only a proof of feasibility, such interfaces are not publicly available, and not tested by cosin.