Features and capabilities
FTire (Flexible Structure Tire Model) is the leading tire simulation model for high-frequency and short-wave-length excitation, applied and supported by vehicle and tire manufacturers, suppliers, engineering companies, research institutes and universities worldwide.
Based on physics-oriented modeling, including detailed temperature, wear, air vibration, rim flexibility, and non-rigid road surface effects, FTire is designed for ride comfort simulations as well as road load prediction for durability applications, both on road irregularities even with extremely short wavelengths. Likewise, it serves as a high-fidelity predictive tire model for handling validation and optimization even under tough external and internal excitation conditions.
In contrast to many other tire models, FTire explains complex tire phenomena on a strictly mechanical, tribological, and thermodynamic basis – and leaves far behind a purely mathematical approximation of measured characteristics.
The development of the first version of FTire began in 1998, consolidating ideas and approaches of the previously developed tire models DNS-Tire, BRIT, and CTire. Since then, FTire has evolved towards one of the best known and most frequently used tire simulation models in automotive industry.
- FTire provides interfaces to all important vehicle dynamics simulation environments.
- FTire shows very good correlation to measurements in all static, steady-state, and dynamic conditions.
- FTire is fast. It only takes about 3 to 10 times real-time; a special version for driving simulators and hardware-in-the-loop environments even runs in strict real-time, simulating all tires of a vehicle in parallel.
- FTire is numerically highly robust, with guaranteed upper bounds of CPU time independent on operating conditions.
- FTire focuses on ease of data supply, and provides user-friendly and powerful respective tools.
- FTire provides a large variety of analysis and visualization tools, as well as detailed output for further user-specific post-processing.
- Documentation: Technical documentation of the FTire model, including a comprehensive list of all model data
- Parameterization: Proposed set of experiments to be carried out for the parameterization of FTire
- Cosin Tire Interface (CTI): API reference and documentation