Universal Mechanism (UM) is the software package for simulation of multibody system dynamics. UM includes the kernel and number of the additional problem-oriented modules.
UM Automotive is the module which is intended for simulation of road vehicle dynamics. It includes program tools for description of a road plan and road excitations, mathematical models of tires and drivers and a library of maneuvers, suspensions, steering systems and elements of transmission.
Engineers can solve the following tasks using UM Automotive.
- Creation and dynamic analysis of tire vehicle models including detailed description of suspension, steering, transmission and other construction parts.
- Automatic executions and analysis of series of virtual experiments for arbitrary maneuvers with different service conditions and vehicle parameters.
- Simulation of pneumatic suspensions as parts of a vehicle model.
- Dynamic simulation taking into account the flexibility of some parts of a vehicle construction.
- Analysis and prediction of the bearing parts durability of a design.
- Animation of vehicle motion during simulation.
- Import of objects from widespread CAD software packages and STEP and IGES formats.
For more information, please visit www.universalmechanism.com